Ctac Instore Production
Ctac Instore Production predicts what supermarket customers need to ensure a continuously fresh experience. Research by Wageningen University shows that the meat products department posts an annual loss of 156 million euros and the bread department a loss of 133 million euros. We can conclude from this that supermarket staff are finding it hard to determine which products to bake or slice at what time in order to ensure that fresh products are always available and there is never a surplus.
Demand forecasting on the shop floor
Ctac Instore Production combines historical data, current sales data at item level, stock analyses and information from external sources to predict the demand for meat products, croissants and other fresh produce at an hourly level. Based on this prediction, the system makes a current production proposal several times a day. This ensures that customers can find exactly what they need at the shop each morning, afternoon and evening: fresh and crisp food that appeals to all your customers' senses.
Preventing empty shelves
The solution is not limited to the meat and bread departments. Ctac Instore Production can also optimise the production of freshly topped pizzas, for example. The system uses specific insights into the sales history to determine in advance what the demand for certain ingredients will be. This ensures that employees will never be without tomato sauce, mushrooms, salami or any other products, and the customers will always get their generously topped pizzas exactly the way they like them.
Benefits of Ctac Instore Production
- Fewer food losses: because the production of meat, bread and other fresh food departments is more intelligent, there will be no more price reductions or food losses.
- No more empty shelves: you ensure the right amount of bread, meat or fresh produce. As a result, you will never be forced to turn down business again.
- Products that are always fresh: products on the shelves or in the chilled aisle are made less than four hours in advance. You sell these products when they are at their best.
- No more disappointed customers: because the fresh produce is always available at the right time, customers will never miss out. This avoids a lot of frustration.
- Smart planning: the system presents a production proposal and takes into account the order in which products are best produced.
- No experience required: the system instructs the supermarket staff. As a result, inexperienced colleagues can also produce the right quantities without any effort.
How does Ctac Instore Production work?
At the heart of Ctac Instore Production is the software that brings together all relevant data and calculates the expected demand at an hourly level. Ctac Instore Production works together seamlessly with your SAP system, forecasting tool, shop systems, terminals and displays. This ensures that the used data are always up-to-date and the calculations are always accurate. An extremely user-friendly interface helps the shop assistants to produce the right quantities throughout the day.